I crave sweets during the day and instead of reaching for chocolate, I’m trying (mostly…) to make a healthier choice that will actually fuel my body. Recently, I tried an energy bite that was delicious, so I decided to re-create it. Here it is and it is delicious:
*I did not measure all of the ingredients. Noted below are which ones you may want to use more/less to your preference.
- 1 cup dates, pitted (if dry, soak in warm water for 10 minutes, then drain well. This will help with moisture)
- 1 cup almonds
- 3.5 Tbsp all natural salted peanut or almond butter (maybe a little more/less)
- 2 Tbsp hemp hearts
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- about 1/4 cup honey
- about 1/8 cup cocoa powder + 1 or 2 TBSP
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- Put all ingredients into a Vitamix/food processor and roll into 1 in balls.
- Add more honey if you need more moisture.
- To set, refrigerate or freezer for 15 minutes. Will keep fresh in an air-tight bag or container for up to a week. Freeze for longer term storage.